Monday, February 16, 2015

Vintage Monday: Romace


I don't watch a whole lot of television but Sunday nights are for the boob tube. Many, many years ago there was a perfect summer with 3-4 great shows in a row, including Carnivale. It was a perfect way to cap up the weekend and took the sting out of the impending Monday.

These days I have a more muted line-up, with lots of relationship stuff. Looking on HBO is all about gay men in San Francisco finding and losing love. I enjoy the leisurely pacing and the cast is excellent. And there's of course Downton Abbey, but honestly this season is leaving me cold. Am I the only one thinking Tom and Edith should just get married and adopt Marigold? Third in line is Grantchaster. Cosy mysteries with a handsome, ginger (!) vicar solving crime and having lady troubles. Honestly, I just watch it for the eye-candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment