Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday Word: Bollocks

bollocks |ˈbäləks| (also ballocks or bollix)vulgar slang chiefly Brit.noun[in pl. the testicles.used to express contempt, annoyance, or defiance.ORIGIN mid 18th cent.: plural of bollock, variant of earlier ballock, of Germanic origin; related to ball.

This is another word I want to liberate from the Brits.

I recently got rights back from a book, Academic Pursuits, and republished it myself. Of course, Amazon bollocksed it up, and I lost all my original reviews. Normally, that's exactly what I'd expect, but when I did the same thing with Hanging Loose, all my all reviews magically transferred to the new edition. There's no rhyme or reason.

So here comes the begging part: Dear Reader, if you've read and liked--or didn't--Academic Pursuits, would you please post a review on Amazon? It doesn't have to be long. Mucho Gracias!

1 comment: