Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Snippet

Today's installment is from Academic Pursuits. The narrator, Jamie, is a self-confessen and unrepentant slut, who often ends up in interesting situation, like in bed with a mostly straight guy. Mixing sex with humor is one of my favorite things to do.



He collapsed onto the mattress, and I on top of him. Eventually, I rolled off. He was hot as a furnace. Hollins turned over and spent some time blinking at the ceiling.
“That was good,” he said at last.

“Well, that’s the general idea. Otherwise, it would be just a lot of fuss for nothing,” I said, propping my head up on an elbow.

He turned his head and blinked at me for a change. “No, I mean really good. I didn’t think it would be. I guess I’m gay then.”

A light flickered on in the post-orgasmic darkness of my brain. I sat bolt upright. “Oh, wow, wow, hold on for a second! You came to me expecting to have bad sex, so you could reaffirm your heterosexuality?”

He had the decency to blush. I got the whole-body effect this time. “Well…I didn’t think of it that way, but basically, yes.”

That got my gall. “First of all, nobody has bad sex with me.”

“Obviously.” The bastard actually rolled his eyes.

“Secondly, you don’t get a gay card that easy. This is college; everyone experiments.”
He frowned at me and was about to say something, but at that moment, the door banged open and Jo burst into the room.

“Hey, Jamie-- Oh, hi, Hollins.”

“Bill,” I corrected her.

“What?”

“He prefers being called Bill.”

“Oh, okay. Hi, Bill,” she said smiling sweetly at Hollins--I mean Bill--who looked like he wanted the bed to swallow him whole. I was getting used to the new rosy tinge of his skin. It suited him well.

“Jo honey, could you give us some privacy?”

“Yes, right! Sorry.”

Jo trotted out, although she forgot to shut the door behind her. Hollins shot out of the bed and started pulling his clothes on.

I tried to ease his discomfort. “You shouldn’t worry about Jo. It’s not the first time she’s found me with someone, and she won’t tell anyone, I promise.”

“No, that’s fine. I have…stuff. I should go. See you at school, okay?”

“Okay, Bill. Don’t be a stranger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment