Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday Word: Rime

rime  |rīm|noun (also rime ice)frost formed on cold objects by the rapid freezing of water vapor in cloud or fog.• poetic/literary hoarfrost.verb [ trans. poetic/literarycover (an object) with hoarfrost he does not brush away the frost that rimes his beard.ORIGIN Old English hrīm, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch rijm. The word became rare in Middle English but was revived in literary use at the end of the 18th cent.

It's that time of the year in many places, not in LA though. Sometime I miss certain sights, smells, and sounds of living in a place with seasons.

2 comments:

  1. When I'm whining about it being -20F in 2 months, you'll be happy you're in LA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already am. I just like to wax poetically about weather. But there are many things I don't miss: slush, frozen slush, frozen fingers and toes, frozen snot, etc.

      Delete